Modbus TCP/IP gateway for Vantage Pro2
The Modbus gateway for Vantage Pro 2 weather stations allows you to easily connect a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), RTU (Remote Telemetry Unit), or SCADA system to a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 weather station.
Using the MODBUS protocol, your PLC can monitor weather parameters and perform automation actions based on wind speed, wind direction, temperature, and many other variables.
Compatible weather stations:
The GWY-141 Modbus gateway is compatible with the following Davis Instruments products associated with a WeatherLink SERIE 6510SER data logger.
- Vantage Pro2 cable 6152CEU
- Vantage pro2 Plus cable 6162CEU
- Vantage Pro2 Wireless 6152EU/
- Vantage Pro2 Plus wireless 6162EU
- Vantage Pro2 with active ventilation 6153EU
- Vantage Pro2 Plus with Active Fan 6163EU
- 6316EU Wireless Weather Envoy Console (with 6322OV sensor suite)
- 6316CEU Cabled Weather Envoy Console (with 6322C sensor suite)
The interface connects to the station using the WeatherLink RS-232 datalogger and appears on the Modbus network as a Modbus TCP/IP or RTU slave. This allows your PLC to monitor and take action based on wind speed, wind direction, temperature and many other parameters.
- Connects to a Modbus TCP/IP network via Ethernet. Can be interrogated by three Modbus masters simultaneously.
- Provides a web page where TCP/IP settings can be easily configured, also displays current settings, weather data, and communications status.
- Also supports Modbus RTU protocol via RS-485.
- Supports the new LOOP 2 command (Davis Instruments), which provides an additional 16 weather data packets not previously available.
- Can write directly to the internal memory of the weather station, allowing direct access to certain configuration parameters (commonly latitude, longitude, altitude, time zone, etc).
- Allows you to display an XML stream containing the data via the Ethernet network. You can develop your own custom application using the weather data.
- The unit can be screwed to a panel, or mounted on a DIN rail.
- Dimensions: 11.5 × 9.0 × 4.0 cm
- Standard: CE
- 11.5 × 9.0 × 4.0 cm
You might also like
4 other products in the same category: